IMPORTANT Changes to Conference Dates
The Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Review Course has been moved from a pre-conference session to a post-conference session in 2010. Since the ANCC Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Exam is no longer being offered at the close of the conference, we are moving the review course to the end of the conference. This change returns the course to the day we've held it prior to offering the exam, which means the course will no longer conflict with other important events on Monday, May 3. If you are planning to take the Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Review Course at the conference to prepare for certification or as a refresher or general overview, please plan to attend the course all day on Friday, May 7, 2010.
We have been quoting the conference dates as May 3-6, 2010, in all of our previous announcements. With this Review Course date change, we will now refer to the conference dates as May 4-7, 2010. Please be sure to refer to the Preliminary Conference Flyer (Acrobat) as you begin planning your conference travel before the printed registration brochure is sent.
Calling All Leaders (and Future Leaders) to Las Vegas
Due to the overwhelming success of our Leadership Track at the 2009 annual conference, we will continue to offer nurses special leadership presentations to enhance every nurse's leadership skills. Following is a list of the topics planned for the Las Vegas conference, May 4-7, 2010:
- Pitfalls and Pearls in Ambulatory Nursing: Are you Practicing Safely?
- The Power of Expectations: Performance Management That Works
- Do You See What I See?: Enhancing Quality and Safety by Promotion of Transparency in Delivery of Health Care
- Effective Planning: Wish List to Reality
- Ask the Experts: A Panel Discussion (Two-hour Special Session)
- Leadership Special Interest Group (SIG) Meeting