In an exciting leap forward to ensure patient care is safely and efficiently coordinated among qualified providers, AAACN has collaborated with the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) to develop a Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) certification exam.
The exam has been developed and administered by MSNCB based on AAACN’s Care Coordination and Transition Management Core Curriculum. AAACN's CCTM Online Course is also an excellent study resource in preparing for the exam.
Registered nurses in the CCTM role will have a recognized path to build and demonstrate their credibility and commitment to this practice. Those who pass the exam will have the distinction of earning the Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) credential.
For eligibility requirements, domains of the exam, and up to date exam information, visit the CCCTM certification exam page.
CCCTM Exam Pricing
Members of AAACN and the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) receive discounted pricing on the CCCTM exam as well as the CCTM Core Curriculum and Online Course, the resources that you can use to prepare for the exam.
Members of AAACN ready to submit their exam application must click here to obtain the discount code needed to obtain the member exam fee.
Exam fee is $255 for AMSN or AAACN members. Regular fee is $375.
CCCTM Exam Study Resources
Through the collaboration between the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) and the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN), the following study resources have been developed. Nurses will find these resources helpful when preparing for the CCCTM exam. They vary on material, learning styles, and cost (including Free!).
- Visit the Exam Study Resources to learn what you can use to prepare for the exam.
- CCCTM Exam Fact Sheet - Are you interested in the new CCCTM exam but not sure where to start? This document contains everything you need to know: Domains of the exam, eligibility requirements, recertification information, pricing, where to register, and what resources to study!
FailSafe is an innovative program that makes getting certified safer and easier for everyone. With this program, everyone wins: nurses, nurse managers, the health care facilities, and patients. A nurse gets more than one chance to pass the exam, and the health care facility pays when the nurse passes.
How It Works:
A health care facility agrees that within one year's time, 10 of its nurses will enroll to take an MSNCB certification exam to earn the Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) credential.
- If the nurses pass the exam, the facility pays the exam fees.
- If the nurses are unsuccessful, they can take the exam an additional time before the contract ends.
- If the nurses pass the second time around, the facility pays.