The excellence in Administrative Ambulatory Nursing Practice award will be presented in recognition of a member's unique ability to lead others toward the successful completion of their organization's/work place's mission and goals.
One recipient will be awarded $500 which will be presented at the annual conference. The award is sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., Nursing Economic$ Foundation.
The candidate must be:
- A registered nurse currently providing administrative leadership in an ambulatory care setting.
- Recognized as a positive role model in ambulatory nursing as characterized but not limited to:
- Mentoring peers and colleagues and willingness to share expertise.
- Promoting interprofessional collegial working relationships.
- Effectively demonstrates management of rapidly changing situations, and/or clinical nursing practice.
- Demonstrating improvement of patient care outcomes with effective implementation into practice.
- Being recognized as a nursing expert by nursing colleagues.
- Promoting and encouraging active participation in professional organization.
The candidate must:
- Be a member of AAACN (for at least 2 years at time of application) in good standing.
- Not be a current member of the Nominating Committee or the Board of Directors.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in ambulatory care nursing and be currently practicing in an ambulatory care setting.
- The candidate may be nominated by a colleague or supervisor.
- Self-applications are encouraged.
- Nomination submission must include:
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing colleagues addressing the identified criteria (prefer one AAACN colleague).
- Candidate's resume/curriculum vitae, if available. If not, describe the candidate's experience.
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominations must be received in the National Office by November 15 annually.
Nominations will be reviewed using an objective point system. Individuals who nominate a candidate will be notified prior to the Annual Conference if their nominee has been selected (or not selected) to receive award.