Research is critical to the achievement of AAACN’s mission to advance the art and science of ambulatory care nursing.
Our current strategic plan includes a goal to build the infrastructure for AAACN to design, develop, and disseminate research. The first component of accomplishing this goal was to develop a new Nurse Scientist position, and now we are seeking candidates who will help lead these efforts.
The Nurse Scientist will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to identify research priorities that align with the strategic plan.
- Oversee and facilitate the Research Council.
- Oversee a new research grant program offered to members.
- Oversee the EBP Awards program.
- Act as a liaison to the ViewPoint publication to ensure a rigorous scientific procedure.
- Participate in the development of the AAACN journal to ensure there are potential articles ready to publish at the launch (est. 2025).
- Ensure recipients of grants and award recipients provide proof of dissemination to AAACN.
- Provide educational content as needed to AAACN members regarding research topics.
- Develop overall strategy and research plan as well as dashboard to assess performance.
- Investigate the creation of an Ambulatory Center for Excellence to organize subject matter expertise and deployment of AAACN research and general strategic plans.
- Assist in the establishment of the research council and over structure.
- Identify what initiatives and or topics need research and create plan to initiate.
- Coordinate with existing task forces, writing groups, etc. to determine what may be publishable.
- Review prior conference abstracts for potential research articles.
- Scan external organizations to obtain grant funding.
- Disseminate research and EBP publications as well as support members in podium and poster creation for growth of nursing knowledge.
- Approximately 16 hours a month anticipated.
- Ph.D. degree in Nursing from an accredited academic body preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of clinical nursing research experience.
- Must demonstrate understanding of Federal research guidelines and Institutional Review Board rules as well as good conduct of research guidelines.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Must have excellent project management skills.
- Experience with grant writing, implementation and management is preferred.
- Must have advanced skills in word, spreadsheets, research databases, and statistical applications.
- AAACN membership is preferred but not required (non-members will be expected to join).
The selected Nurse Scientist will receive a stipend and be expected to enter into an agreement with AAACN with work beginning this Fall. Some travel is required (ex. Board meetings, Annual Conference) for the position in which case AAACN will reimburse expenses.