The AAACN Best Practice Guidelines for Academic and Practice Partnerships in Ambulatory and Community Settings provides comprehensive guidance in initiating and sustaining partnerships that establish a pipeline of competent nurses prepared to practice in ambulatory care settings.
This publication highlights five distinct sections to guide the development of the APP, from the initial
stages of assessing readiness and establishing the partnership to the actual placement of students or developing nurse residency programs. Each section features guideline recommendations based on literature review, theme identification, and subject matter experts’ survey responses.
- Provides strategies for implementing academic-practice partnerships in ambulatory and community care settings.
- Promotes a pipeline of professional nurses who are competent in the practice of ambulatory care nursing.
- Encourages collaboration between academic and practice partners that address mutual goals and priorities that support robust clinical experiences for nursing students in ambulatory settings.
- Outlines specific responsibilities of the academic and practice partners as well as mutual priorities.
- Discusses specific recommendations for developing curriculum content and clinical experiences based on the experience-level of students.
The Academic Practice Partnership Guidelines PDF is available free to American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) members and for purchase to others in the Store.
Note - this publication is a .PDF file digital file. Hard copies will not be shipped. You must download this file after purchasing.