Since 2013, the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) has offered a perpetual certification scholarship named in honor of Candia Baker Laughlin, MS, AMB-BC.
The scholarship recognizes Candy’s commitment to nurses achieving certification, as well as honors all of the work she has done to educate ambulatory care and telehealth nurses around the world.
Candy has traveled extensively teaching the Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Review Course which prepares nurses to take the ambulatory care nursing certification exam.
Candy has served as the Editor of two editions of the Core Curriculum for Ambulatory Care Nursing, and Editor of the Review Questions publication, a companion study resource to the Core.
Candy is also a Past President of AAACN.
A scholarship of up to $1,000 will be awarded annually to one member to cover the exam fee, study materials, and other expenses related to achieving certification.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Membership in the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) at time you submit your application.
- Willingness to give back. e.g. How will you use your new knowledge to contribute back to AAACN and/or ambulatory care nursing?
- Agreement to become certified in Ambulatory Care through ANCC within one year of receiving award.
- Currently eligible to sit for the exam.
- Willingness to write an article for a AAACN publication within one year of receipt of the award.