In addition to our Annual Conference, AAACN offers other events of interest:
The AAACN Ambulatory Nursing Certification Review Course will be held as an "on-the-road" course at the below host site. This offering is open to any interested AAACN members wishing to attend. Complete registration information can be found by contacting the host site directly via the below.
Certification Review Course at Carolina Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC
- Friday, September 23, 2016
- Registration 7:30 - 8:00 am
- Class: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Location: Charlotte Area Health Education Center, 5039 Airport Center Parkway, Building K, Charlotte, NC 28208
AAACN's On-the-Road Courses provide education at your facility.
Read more about the Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Review Course.
In collaboration with OnCourse Learning, AAACN is pleased to offer another alternative to nurses preparing for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Ambulatory Care Nursing certification exam and nurses new to ambulatory care who would like to increase their knowledge in this specialty area.
The five-week self-paced program combines online education with live webinars to provide you with a study choice that fits your learning needs and schedule, and is aligned with the core elements of the certification exam.
AAACN conducts periodic webinars on topics of current interest to ambulatory nurses and other professionals providing ambulatory care.
There are no Webinars at this time.
View other up-to-date Webinars offered by AAACN.
GLNG First Annual Holiday Celebration
Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 5:30 pm
57th Fighter Group Restaurant
3829 Clairmont Road, Atlanta, GA
- RSVP to email@example.com
- FITNESS4NURSES will be presented by Rodney L. Johnson, BA, Certified Wellness Coach and Personal Fitness Trainer
- (Attendees responsible for purchasing their meals)
- Earn 1.0 contact hours. RSVP required!
- Download the flyer
REOCCURRING MONTHLY MEETINGS
Georgia Ambulatory Care Nurses Local Networking Group (LNG)
- The monthly meeting is scheduled for the second Tuesday of the month
- 5:30 to 6:30 pm
- 5th floor of Winship Building (Building C, room C5012) in the Kauffman Auditorium
- 1365 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Contact: Linda Perkins
Visit AAACN Local Networking Groups.
VA SIG Meeting
- December 13, 2017 at 1200 (EST).
- “Ambulatory Nursing Competencies: Innovation, Shared Governance, and Evidence Based Practice” will be presented by VA SIG member, Mary Kate Sweeney.
- Join the meeting: Toll Free #: 1-800-582-3014; Participant Passcode: 875843813#
- Download agenda
Pediatrics SIG Meeting
- Wednesday, December 14th
- 9:00 PST, 10:00 MST, 11:00 CST, 12:00 EST
- Dial In #: (800) 582-3014
- Participant Passcode: 765385180#
During this 30-minute call, we will discuss patient- family service outcomes in the pediatric setting. This is a follow up from the Pediatrics SIG session at our 2016 Annual Conference. We will also allocate a portion of the call for discussion, and share the results of the survey we recently announced in the Pediatrics Community.
Take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R8Y77XD
2016-2017 Pediatrics Special Interest Group (SIG) Chairs, Valeri Batara Aymami, MSN, RN, PCNS-BC, CPN & Christine B. Macaulay RN, MSN, CEN
SIG MONTHLY MEETINGS
VA SIG Meetings - The general information below is for all VA SIG Meetings. Occasionally, there are may be additional information about specific meetings (when available) that will be detailed below.
- VA SIG meetings are held the third Tuesday of every other month
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
- Dial In: Toll Free #: 1-800-582-3014 | Participant Passcode: 875843813#.
- (Please press *6 -star 6- to mute to avoid background noise.)
- LYNC through Outlook invite only - please contact Julie Alban if you have not received a meeting invitation.
Visit the AAACN SIGS.
2017 - AAACN 42nd Annual Conference
In 2017, join us for our 42nd Annual Conference on May 10-13, 2017, in New Orleans, LA.
AAACN will be repeating its stay at the New Orleans Marriott located on Canal Street in the French Quarter when we hold our 2017 conference in The Big Easy! Room Rates $185.
Plan to join us for another fantastic education event.
In the meantime - (Visit the Official 2016 Conference Website!)
Other Industry Events
The following events are listed as a courtesy to keep you informed of educational opportunities and other industry events. This does not imply endorsement or approval by AAACN.
If you have an event you'd like to add to our listing, complete our Submit an Event Form.
- Thursday 02/16/2017
- Eden Roc Hotel, Miami Beach
- Baptist Health South Florida, Miami Beach, Florida
- Contact: Julie Zimmett
A key strategy for addressing heart disease and stroke is to educate the public and healthcare practitioners about the importance of prevention. When healthcare providers perform consistent risk factor assessments, more patients can be properly diagnosed and medically managed to prevent cardiovascular disease. Both primary and secondary prevention, as well as new developments in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease, need to be addressed. Complimenting CVD Prevention Symposium are comprehensive updates on the latest advances in cardiovascular medicine.