Participation in Special Interest Groups (SIGs) is one of the benefits of AAACN membership.
Sign up for your first SIG, or join another. It's easy and fast! AAACN members can join one or more of the following SIGs:
- CCTM - promote communication and collaboration between AAACN members with specific interest related to CCTM tools and resources.
- Leadership - provides a forum to discuss leadership/management issues and works to increase the effectiveness and credibility of nurses as leaders in ambulatory care.
- Patient/Staff Education - informs/educates members of AAACN on patient and staff education issues.
- Pediatrics - focuses on education and/or networking for members caring for pediatric patients.
- Telehealth Nursing Practice - focuses on the improvement of telehealth clinical practice and the promotion of the AAACN Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing through networking, education, and research.
- Tri-Service Military - collaborates on ambulatory care issues that touch nursing across the military, provides opportunities to develop and share best practices/processes unique to the military, and network on staff and patient education.
- Veterans Affairs - provides a forum for VA ambulatory care nurses to discuss problems; share solutions and creative programs; and keep in touch across the country
Joining the SIGs just got easier!
When you join a SIG, you will have access to each SIG's Connected Community, an online forum for networking and knowledge sharing.
- Visit the Community.
- Log in as a AAACN member.
- Navigate to the All Communities area, you will see buttons to join any SIG(s) you are not currently part of.
- Click "Join Community" on the right side of the page, select your email digest preference, and you're set!
Discover what SIGs were talking about at the Annual Conference
The sessions include presenters on timely topics of interest and there is also time for Q & A and networking. The sessions are recorded and are available free AAACN members, and non members may also purchase for a fee in our Online Library.