ViewPoint is the official publication of the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). It is a peer-reviewed, bimonthly resource for nursing professionals.
The publication is dedicated to presenting up-to-date information on current topics in ambulatory care nursing and telehealth nursing practice. ViewPoint also provides a forum for communication between the AAACN Board of Directors and association members. ViewPoint is distributed to members as a direct benefit of membership. Institutional subscriptions are available for purchase in the Online Store.
Two versions of ViewPoint are now available!
DOWNLOADABLE PFD VERSION
Beginning with the Jan/Feb 2018 issue, AAACN members may view the digital version of the publication and archive of past issues (from Jan 2018 +) on virtually any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection.
Please note: an archive of past issues for the digital version are also available. When you are viewing this digital version, find them in the (upper) left navigation menu - look for and then icons. (Member log in required)
As in the past, members may also view all of the ViewPoint issues in a downloadable PDF format.
Please note: these are downladable PDF format only.
Review ViewPoint Index of Articles - an alphabetical listing of articles by topic.
- AAACN Members - Access Current and Past Issues of ViewPoint Online by logging into their accounts.
- ViewPoint is indexed in the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL).
- Non-members can purchase access to ViewPoint articles electronically through CINAHL.
If you have an article about a new initiative or practice at your facility, research of interest to the ambulatory care community, or another topic of interest to ambulatory care and telehealth nurses, please consider submitting your article to ViewPoint. Complete our author interest form and someone will contact you shortly.
All published feature-length articles are considered for our annual Writer's Award. The winner receives complimentary registration to the AAACN Annual Conference! If you've been thinking about writing, this is a wonderful motivator.
- Author Guidelines
- A Guide for Potential Authors
- Manuscript Wish List
- Author Guidelines and Tips from Jannetti Publications
- Write about evidence-based strategies used in actual or near miss situations for our "Safety Corner" using these Submission Tips
Continuing nursing education (CNE) credit from ViewPoint articles is FREE to members. Non-members may purchase the articles (in pdf format) and CNE from AAACN's Online Library.
To complete a ViewPoint CNE Evaluation:
- Go to AAACN's Online Library.
- Create a free account if you have not already done so.
- If you are a member, verify your membership by clicking on the "Verify Membership" button.
- Then, click on ViewPoint articles under "Other CE Opportunities" on the left hand side of the screen.
To place an ad in ViewPoint, email Tom Greene, Marketing Manager or phone at 856-256-2367.
More information about advertising is also available on our Sponsors page.
Kitty Shulman, MSN, RN-BC
- Joan M. Pate, MS, BSN, RN-BC
- Janis Tuxbury, DNP, RN
- Tracy Weistreich, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, VHA-CM
- Stephanie G. Witwer, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Kristene Grayhem, MSN, CNS, PPCNP-BC, RN-BC
- AAACN Legislative Committee (Health Policy Update)
- Kirsi Hayes, MHA, BSN, RN, and Lois Stauffer, MSN, RN-BC, CNL (Emerging Clinical Issues)
- Kathryn Koehne, DNP, RN-BC, C-TNP (Telehealth Trials & Triumphs)
- Amy Eilertsen, MN, RN (Safety Corner)
- Karol DiBello, DNP, FNP-BC, ACHPN (Series on Leadership)
- Joan M. Pate, MS, BSN, RN-BC (Sharpening Your Legal IQ)
- Stephanie G. Witwer, PhD, RN, NEA-BC (Care Coordination and Transition Management)