Ambulatory Care Nursing Procedures
AAACN Partners with Lippincott to Develop Ambulatory Nursing Procedures
AAACN has partnered with Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Solutions to develop a new ambulatory care nursing category for Lippincott Procedures, the most widely deployed, web-based, point-of-care nursing application for the latest evidence-based practice information used in hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
Clinicians receive accurate, step-by-step guidance for more than 1,700 evidence-based procedures and is available as a group subscription to hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
Through our partnership, the first set of 25 ambulatory care nursing procedures written by AAACN members is now available in the Lippincott Procedures institutional software.
These procedures cover these topics:
- Bladder ultrasonography, ambulatory care
- Blood pressure assessment, ambulatory care
- Blood pressure assessment, pediatric, ambulatory care
- Breast examination (Advanced practice), ambulatory care
- Disinfection, noncritical patient care equipment, ambulatory care
- Disinfection, semicritical patient care equipment, ambulatory care
- Foreign body removal, ear (Advanced practice), ambulatory care
- Foreign body removal, skin and soft tissue (Advanced practice), ambulatory care
- Hand hygiene, ambulatory care
- Immunization (vaccine) guidelines, ambulatory care
- Immunization (vaccine) guidelines, pediatric ambulatory care
- Intradermal injection, ambulatory care
- Peak flow meter use, ambulatory care
- Physical examination for sports, school, or summer camp, pediatric (Advanced practice), ambulatory care
- Point-of-care testing, blood glucose, ambulatory care
- Pulse assessment, pediatric, ambulatory care
- Subcutaneous injection, ambulatory care
- Suicide risk assessment, ambulatory care
- Suspected child abuse, recognizing and reporting, ambulatory care
- Temperature assessment, ambulatory care
- Traumatic abrasion wound care, ambulatory care
- Vision screening, child, ambulatory care
- Weight measurement, ambulatory care
- Weight measurement, child ambulatory care
- Weight measurement, infant, ambulatory care
The collaboration continues to review the 100 current ambulatory care nursing procedures, using experts culled from our membership.
These new procedures will help expand use of Lippincott Procedures in the growing area of outpatient healthcare and will make it more useful to nurses who practice in settings such as hospitals with outpatient services, ambulatory care centers, community-based settings, urgent care clinics, schools and workplaces.
If you would like to contribute your expertise to this project, please contact Lippincott Procedures Team Chair Heather Forbes at Hforbes@mmc.org.
View samples of the new ambulatory care nursing procedures. Once there - from the left navigation menu - select ‘View sample procedures,’ then select ‘Nursing,’ and ‘Ambulatory Care.’