The excellence in Clinical Ambulatory Nursing Practice award will be presented in recognition of a member’s excellence in nursing skills, knowledge, expertise and personal attributes that contribute to the delivery of quality patient care.
One recipient will be awarded $500 which will be presented at the annual conference. The award is sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., Nursing Economic$ Foundation.
The candidate must be:
- A registered nurse currently providing clinical nursing practice in an ambulatory care setting.
- Recognized as a positive role model in ambulatory care nursing as characterized but not limited to:
- Demonstrating excellent clinical nursing skills as evidenced by feedback from patients, peers and colleagues.
- Promoting teamwork and collegial working relationships.
- Demonstrating effective management of rapidly changing clinical practice.
- Creating and implementing learning/educational tools for improved patient care outcomes.
- Demonstrating effective interpersonal relationships, through compassion, respect for person, integrity, and professionalism in delivery of care to patients and families.
- Using innovative patient care techniques.
The candidate must:
- Be a member of AAACN (for at least 2 years at time of application) in good standing.
- Not be a current member of the Nominating Committee or the Board of Directors.
- Have at least 3 years experience in ambulatory care nursing and be currently practicing in an ambulatory care setting.
- The candidate may be nominated by a colleague or supervisor.
- Self-applications are encouraged.
- Nomination submission must include:
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing colleagues addressing the identified criteria (prefer one AAACN colleague).
- Candidate's resume/curriculum vitae, if available. If not, describe the candidate's experience.
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominations must be received in the National Office by November 15 annually.
Nominations will be reviewed using an objective point system. Individuals who nominate a candidate will be notified prior to the Annual Conference if their nominee has been selected (or not selected) to receive award.