AAACN members are the strength of our association.
Your time, talent, and expertise guide the organization and advance the specialty of ambulatory care nursing.
Find below open and active calls for volunteers.
Members to Join Opening Reception and Silent Auction Team
AAACN is creating an Opening Reception and Silent Auction (ORSA) Team to plan and coordinate activities during this event held at the annual conference.
Team members will be tasked with creating a welcoming and engaging first night event at the Annual Conference in Lake Buena Vista, FL. The estimated time commitment for ORSA Team members is a few months in spring 2018 prior to the conference, which may include several scheduled phone calls and email communication, as well as responsibilities onsite in Florida on Wednesday, May 9.
Applications must be submitted by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
ViewPoint Seeks Two Column Editors
AAACN is seeking two qualified candidates to serve as Column Editors for the Series on Leadership and Safety Corner columns in ViewPoint.
Our two current column editors, Joan Pate and Sarah Muegge, are stepping down from their positions later in 2018. They will mentor their replacements throughout 2018, with the new column editors taking over in 2019.
Column Editor Responsibilities:
- Write or solicit three columns per year in collaboration with ViewPoint Editor
- Collaborate with ViewPoint Editor in topic selection and content editing
- Columns are approximately 900–1,500 words or 4–5 double-spaced pages using APA 6th edition style
- Current member of AAACN in good standing
- Knowledge and experience in ambulatory care nursing
- Writing/publishing experience required
- Master’s degree and RN license
- Ambulatory Care Nursing certification preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines set by ViewPoint Editor and ability to respond to email within 48 hours
To apply, submit a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae to ViewPoint Editor Kitty Shulman at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 1, 2018.
Please indicate what column editor position you are applying for in your email.